COVID-19 Antibody Testing
CLEAR Wellness Group with 2 convenient locations in Chicago and Schaumburg is offering FDA-authorized COVID-19 antibody testing for our patients. COVID-19 antibody testing allows us to determine if you have been infected with COVID-19 in the past and how your body has responded to the infection.
Dr. Shah on the Today Show explaining Antibody Testing!
Not all COVID-19 antibody tests have been authorized by the FDA – the majority of tests on the market are allowed, but do not have the backing of the FDA. The tests we use at CLEAR Wellness Group in Chicago are FDA authorized IgG Immunoassays, from both Abbott Laboratories and Roche. The test is a simple blood test with one small vial drawn to get results – your visit only takes about 10 minutes. One can expect results in 24-36 hours.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR ANTIBODY TESTING?
The antibody test is designed to help determine if you may have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 at some point in the past. A good candidate is anyone who has had no symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 in the last two weeks. It does not matter if you have had symptoms in the past – the antibody testing can detect those who had asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in addition to those who were sick at the time.
If you currently have symptoms (or had them in the past 14 days) such as a cough, fevers, chills or fatigue, this is not the right test for you – you may want to be tested to determine if you currently have COVID-19.
BENEFITS OF COVID-19 ANTIBODY SCREENING
For many, there is a peace of mind that comes with knowing they survived the virus without serious complications. Those that have recovered may also have the option of donating plasma to help those with active Covid-19. Greater testing aids our understanding of the disease course as well as true prevalence of the virus.
Check Us Out on AM560 Talking About
COVID-19 Antibody Testing!
For those who test negative, this can help them feel more comfortable with continuing the level of social distancing and protection they may need in the future. As more is learned about the virus, the results of your testing could be helpful in understanding your level of immunity against the virus and how much of the population has already had the virus.
If you are interested in undergoing COVID-19 antibody testing, contact us at CLEAR Wellness Group in Chicago, or schedule an appointment today.
- The antibody test allows us to determine if you have had Covid-19, recovered from Covid-19, and now possess IgG antibodies, a person’s immune response to having had a virus.
- Yes! Everyone can get tested, even if you have not had symptoms. The antibody test is designed to help determine if you may have been infected with Covid-19 at some point in the past. If you currently have symptoms such as a cough, fevers, chills, fatigue, this is not the right test for you.
- The test we are currently using is the SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) Antibody (IgG), Immunoassay. We are using tests created by both Abbott and Roche Laboratories.
- Yes! The sensitivity of these tests are 100%, and specificity is >99.6%. This means that the change of a false negative is theoretically zero, and false positives are very rare.
- Yes! Most commercial insurances are covering the test and visit, but if there is any question of coverage we recommend contacting your insurance company for confirmation. The CPT test code for the virus is 86769. If you do not have insurance, the test can be provided free of charge by the CARES act.
- The test is a simple blood test with one small vial drawn to get results. It takes anywhere from 1-2 days to get your results.
- Yes! We want to help prioritize those on the front lines. All first responders and healthcare workers on the front lines can get tested that same day, just give us a call!
- Please come wearing a mask for your safety. If you have been sick in the past 14 days this is not the test for you. Instead make a telemedicine appointment to be evaluated, and we can decide if you need active COVID-19 testing. You can also just book a drive-up Covid-19 test if you are certain you want a test.