Covid-19 PCR Testing
With 2 convenient locations in Chicago and Schaumburg, we offer a COVID-19 PCR nasal swab test. This test is manufactured by Thermo Fisher, and is one of the most accurate tests available.
Book you COVID-19 Test below at one of our 3 testing clinics
Chicago – South Loop1605 S Michigan Ave,
Chicago, IL 60616
Chicago – West Loop114 S. Racine Ave. #100,
Chicago, IL 60607 Parking for our West Loop location is located in the parking lot of the Northwest corner of Adams St. and Racine Ave.
- We expect to get results to you within 72 hours of the lab pick which occurs daily at 5:00 PM. The results will be emailed directly to you. If there is a lab processing error or delay, this can prolong results. We do our best to ensure results in a timely fashion, but lab errors are out of our control. If you have any issues obtaining your results, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The test is being covered by a majority of insurance carriers at no cost to the patient. However, to be sure of your coverage, we do ask you to contact your individual insurance carrier to verify this and that you are in network with our clinic. You can do this by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Please provide them with our information. We are listed under TRIVEDIMD with insurance providers. We are not in network with HMO and Medicaid insurers, so for those patients, there is a $175 self-pay rate.
- If you have absolutely no documented insurance, including the above mentioned HMO plans, government insurance plans, or a student plans, you can qualify for free testing sponsored by the US Government via the CARES act. However, a SSN is required, and if the claim is denied because you do have coverage you may be responsible for the full cost of the test and services rendered.
- We would recommend checking with your destination about any particular requirements that may be in place, particularly regarding type of test and timing. Again, we try to ensure results within 72 hours, but if a delay in processing occurs via the lab, this again is out of our control.
- The PCR test is considered the “gold-standard” for testing and offers near 100% accuracy
- The test itself has been granted an Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA
- Currently, in accordance with CDC guidelines we are not retesting people who had prior positive results, unless mandated by an employer or workplace.
- We base our testing on a medical necessity. In terms of insurance coverage, we ask you to reach out to your individual insurer to see if they will continue to cover repeat testing.
- We recommend waiting at least 3 days to get tested after exposure, with the best time being 5 days after exposure.
- We test all people who desire testing. However we cannot ensure that insurance will cover testing for all reasons. If you meet the following requirements it is highly likely that insurance will cover the cost of your test
- Health care workers and essential workers
- Individuals who are experiencing symptoms
- Individuals who have been exposed to Covid-19 by a direct contact
- All tests at our facility must be ordered by our physicians. We are unable to take outside orders.