Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
We are now able to offer the Quidel SARS COV-2 Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test. The test itself allows us to get results within an hour. The test has been granted an emergency use authorization by the FDA. You will meet with a provider to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for the test. Given supply constrictions, the test is subject to availability on the day of the visit.
- You will receive your results before the end of the day. However, if positive, you will receive a call within 3 hours. You will receive an email with the formal results later in the day. If you have trouble acquiring your results, please email Help@Clearwellnessgroup.com
- For those who are symptomatic, the test is approximately 96.7% as accurate as a PCR gold-standard test
- If you have insurance that we are in network with, we will bill your insurance. It is not guaranteed that insurance will cover the cost of the test, hence we do require a credit card on file to bill if insurance rejects the claim. If you have an out of network insurance, or are self pay, the cost of the test is $175.
- If it is deemed medically necessary by a physician, most insurances will cover the cost of the test, but again this is not guaranteed, and we ask you contact your own insurance plan to confirm.
- An antigen test detects protein from the novel coronavirus that can be obtained from a nasal sample. This test can produce results in approximately 1 hour
- The Rapid Antigen Test is NOT A PCR test, although it does have very similar accuracy to a conventional PCR lab test. This test did receive an emergency use authorization from the FDA.
- We would recommend checking with your particular destination and airline provider about any particular requirements that may be in place, particularly regarding type of test and timing.
- This is determined on the day of the visit by the rendering provider. Every patient can have the PCR test, but given the shortage of rapid tests, it is limited to those individuals who have an acute need for this test. We ask that you plan on getting our PCR test, as we cannot guarantee a rapid covid-19 test to everyone.
- One should get tested within 5 days of becoming symptomatic per CDC guidelines
- We are appointment only, and you can make an appointment here (add schedule button) or call us at 312-535-5770. If you made an appointment online, please email your insurance information (Insurance carrier, Member ID, and Group Number) along with your address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, we do not take appointments solely for rapid covid testing. We take appointments for PCR based testing, and if deemed necessary, you may also be able to have a rapid test done as well.
- The test is done via an Anterior Nasal Swab. This is the least invasive nasal swab and only goes about 1 inch or less into both nares. You can expect mild discomfort, but otherwise tolerated very well.